Job Opportunity With the Tillsonburg District Chamber of Commerce
Job Location: Tillsonburg
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Part Time
THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT REPORTS TO THE CEO AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROVISION OF ADMINISTRATIVE & SUPPORT SERVICES TO MAINTAIN AND EXPAND THE CHAMBER’S ROLE IN SERVING MEMBERS, THEIR EMPLOYEES AND THE COMMUNITY. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AND ASSIST IN GENERAL DAY-TO-DAY OPERATION OF THE CHAMBER OFFICE WITH STRENGTHS IN CURRENT COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ESPECIALLY MS OFFICE WORD & EXCEL, ADOBE, EMAIL, AND SOCIAL MEDIA. KNOWLEDGE OF QUICKBOOKS ONLINE WOULD BE AN ASSET.
- Provides daily support & assistance to the CEO, performing clerical duties in a computerized office environment.
- Responds to service and information requests received from Chamber Members and the general public in accordance with established policies.
- Communicates with individuals of the TDCC Board of Directors, TDCC Membership, Committees, Canadian Chamber of Commerce and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce.
- Assists with the coordination of ongoing projects: social media, marketing, special events, membership relations and activities of the Chamber.
- Assists with the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Represents the Chamber, attends & participates in community or business functions.
- As required, arranges, attends & participates in Chamber Board and/or committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Combination of education & professional experience to perform the varied and flexible duties of this position.
- Well-developed oral & written communication skills, and strong organization skills are essential.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills.
- Expertise in software & computer systems & social media.
- Demonstrated abilities & interest in association/community work, event management, supervision, marketing & working with volunteers.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks & deadlines.
- College or University education in business or related courses.
HOURS: Two days per week (approximately 10 hours per week).
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter via email until May 15, 2018 /16 @ 5:00 p.m. to
Suzanne Renken, CEO, Tillsonburg District Chamber of Commerce,